Monday, January 3, 2011

It's That Time of Year Again

Happy New Year, did you make your New Year Resolutions?  Don't you just hate that question?  Why must I make resolutions because it's another year? 

But I do .. like millions of other people.  My resolutions this year is to not make ridiculous resolutions that I won't ever keep, therefore, making me feel like a failure. 

I DO NOT resolve to be a nicer person - Ha!  I'd have blown that one this morning reading my email at work.  After yet another nasty, snippy, childish, diva-esque demand from this one customer (who I shall forever think of as the bitch from hell).  I immediately wanted to respond with, "I'm sorry, who died and made me your doormat?".  Never fear; I didn't.

I DO NOT resolve to lose 100 pounds.  I could stand to, but that's just a ridiculous statement.

I DO NOT resolve to cut up all my credit cards.  I could because I don't use credit cards anyway.  However, if I did cut them up, then my refrigerator would get warm at the same time as my oven wouldn't heat up, and my furnace would blow up.  Then where would I be?

Those are examples of resolutions that are screaming to fail.  Okay, maybe not the last one; for some, that's a great idea.

Here are mine ....

I resolve to blog more.  I enjoy blogging, so why am I not doing it more?

I resolve to allow at least one person to merge in traffic in front of me, without grumbling.  I do allow people to merge; it's the grumbling part I need to work on.

I resolve to drink more water. Period.  I try to give blood on a regular basis and my last visit left me with a bad reminder, a big ol' bruise.  My fault, I wasn't properly hydrated.

Lastly, I resolve to read at least one piece of classic literature a year.  This is the big one.  Not the reading part; I read a lot.  It's the classics, you know Oscar Wilde, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hawthorne, Tolstoy, Hemingway, etc.  I'm starting with Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens.  Fitting, don't you think?  Who knows, maybe I'll blog about it.

So, there you have it.  Those are my "I'm not going to make you feel like a failure" New Years Resolutions.

Happy New Year!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment