Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet Endings - what now!

I'm sorry.  Sincerely, sorry.

I know I made a commitment to post sweet treats on Sundays, but, well ....

As I stated in my previous post, the Sunday before the Superbowl, I was sick.  I promise; I was.  Then last Sunday, I was going to redeem myself with a fabulous dessert .. Kouign Amann.  It's French and there were a lot of steps involved.

I'm totally addicted to David Lebovitz.  Don't ask me why because I don't know.  There are certain blogs that just hit me .. ya follow?  Anyway, it was his beautifully photographed Kouign Amann, I was committed to making.  Come Sunday, I was ready.  One problem though, I couldn't get David's site to come up.  I don't know if it was him or me, but I couldn't connect.  I tried to the point that I was having serious words with the BPL (big pink laptop).   Disappointed, I moved on.

Loosely translated Kouign Amann means Butter Cake, so I looked up French Butter Cake recipes.  I finally settled on one that actually read like a cake recipe and not like bread.  If it wasn't DL's recipe, I wanted something different.  Yes, I'm a bit stubborn that way.

It smelled heavenly baking and it tasted good.  Sweet, but not too sweet.  But the texture was that of  "not quite done" shortbread (and I baked it for an hour and a half).  it was a bit heavy and crumbly, and I was just not happy about it. 

So I opted not to write about it. 

I'm making cookies this weekend in honor of  Valentine's Day.

I hope you'll come back and visit.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment