Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dear 16 Year Old Me

Dear Blogger World,

Summer is right around the corner.  In my neck o' the woods, it feels like it's already here.

Summertime, I love you.  Maybe it's because I'm an August baby, I don't know. 

When I was a little girl, I had the most beautiful red hair.  My mom used to tell me that she could spot me a mile away (thank you, Pop).  And, being the typical teenager, that loved the summertime, I also loved the beach.  I'm fair skinned too, did I mention that?  Or my freckles?

Get the picture?

Dear 16 Year Old Me is a YouTube Public Service Announcement about skin cancer.  Please watch it, with you're teenagers, if you have them.  Nieces, nephews, grandkids, whatever.  If you're best friend has teenagers, share it with them.  And ask them to share it with their friends. 

And if you feel so inclined, buy them some sunscreen too!

Skin Cancer can kill you.  Let's all heed that old saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

No comments:

Post a Comment